I've been curious for a while about how monogamy is treated within the kink/sex pos world. Very often the impression I get (me, completely me...you may not get the same one and it's OK) is that monogamy is what happens when one is not so much "sex positive" as "positive about how they like sex". I'm not sure I agree with that feeling and I'm curious about how others view monogamy. Whether their definitions of that concept differ from mine, and whether or not monogamy is solely about the act of having sex.
So, if you're willing (and anonymous comments will be published for this one, so feel free), would you help me out by answering the following questions?
1) Do you consider yourself monogamous?
2) What does monogamy mean to you?
3) How do you define monogamy?
4) Have you ever felt that being monogamous didn’t “fit in” with stereotypical relationship modes found in BDSM relationships?
5) Have you ever broken up with someone who purported to be monogamous, but wasn’t?
6) Have you ever had to defend your monogamy to anyone?
7) Do you consider sexual activities, play activities (BDSM without penetration), and emotional connection differently when it comes to monogamy?
8) Have you ever been in a non-monogamous relationship?
Any other comments about monogamy?